The Lake County Economic Development Corporation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation established in 1983. The corporation is managed by an eleven-member board of directors, representing county, city, and private sector interests.
The Lake County Economic Development Corporation is a conduit to business retention, expansion, and attraction in Lake County by facilitating connections between resources and ideas. Through utilization of working relationships, Lake EDC connects public and private sector interests, assists entrepreneurs with many facets of doing business from the design phase to the exit strategy, and collaborates with traditional lenders to identify financing for businesses.
Purposes & Objectives
Lake County Economic Development Corporation's Mission Statement
The purpose of the Lake County Economic Development Corporation is to facilitate the creation, retention, expansion, and attraction of businesses in Lake County.
The general purpose of Lake EDC is to assist in promoting the development and growth of business and economic vitality leading to employment opportunities throughout the county. The work of Lake EDC pursues this purpose with the following objectives:
- Assist and advise local start-up and existing businesses
- Assist in the jurisdiction's efforts to attract new business to Lake County
- Coordinate and collaborate with other business development groups within the County
- Expand career and entrepreneurial opportunities based on local and regional economic and workforce trends
- Directly and indirectly improve quality of work and community life
Board of Directors
Laura McAndrews Sammel
Secretary / Treasurer