Lake County Restaurant Expo 2024
Event Date: January 29, 2024
Event Time: 9:00 am Pacific Time
The Restaurant Expo organized by the Lake County Economic Development Corporation (Lake EDC) is an initiative to support the local food service and restaurant industry.
Lake EDC understands that restaurants play a crucial role in fostering a sense of community and providing a space for people to come together over shared experiences, delicious food, and meaningful conversations. They serve as hubs where locals can connect with each other and where travelers can get a taste of the local culture.
Review the draft agenda here.
Get your ticket here!
Who should attend:
- Owners or managers of restaurants, food trucks, catering businesses, cottage food or micro-kitchen businesses, etc
- Future entrepreneurs in the food business industry
- Managers, chefs, staff of food industry businesses in Lake County
- Date: January 29, 9am-4pm
- Location: Lake County Campus of Woodland Community College
- Focus: Training and networking for new and existing owners of restaurants, food trucks, and other food service businesses.
- Cinthya Cisneros (La Chevre Bakery & Brews): Sharing an inspirational and unlikely story of opening and thriving during COVID and beyond. This presentation will provide valuable insights for entrepreneurs facing challenges in the current business landscape.
- Christian Ahlmann (Six Sigma Ranch): Discussing how they are perfecting the hospitality experience in Lake County. This session will offer tips and strategies for enhancing customer satisfaction in the food and beverage industry.
- Weston Seifert (Saw Shop and Public House): Explaining how he used unconventional borrowing to grow his business, offering alternative financing insights.
- Diversification Strategies: Exploring how to diversify businesses through catering and specialty food sales.
- Workforce and HR Partners: Discussing hiring and retaining good employees, addressing a critical aspect of the restaurant industry.
- Sysco Foods: Providing a demonstration, offering insights into the supply chain and sourcing aspects of running a food service business.
- Environmental Health: What you need to know for inspections and policy updates.
Catered Lunch and Networking Mixer:
- The event includes a catered lunch from Rosie Cooks
- A post-event networking opportunity for participants to enjoy light hors d’oeuvres and connect with presenters and industry collaborators, fostering community and collaboration.
- Tickets are reasonably priced at $25 per person.